The No On 2 campaign released a new 30 second ad, attacking our Chairman, John Morgan for a rousing, enthusiastic and impromptu speech he made at a country western bar in Lakeland. Their issue? John used some colorful language and made a joke about marijuana, before telling the story of his paralyzed brother Tim and his use of cannabis to treat his pain.
Suffice to say, if they want to make John Morgan's character an issue in this campaign, we're happy to do it:
Besides personally funding a significant portion of the medical marijuana campaign, John and his wife have donated millions to:
- help establish The People's Clinic, which provides uninsured children with free medical care and health services
- The Morgan and Morgan P.A. Hunger Relief Center. a new, 100,000-square foot facility—more than double the size of its predecessor—equipped to handle millions of pounds of food the organization had to previously turn away due to a lack of adequate coolers, freezers, and general infrastructure space.
- assist causes such as the Miami Project to cure paralysis, Harbor House (to protect abused women and children), Boys Town USA (Provides foster homes and guidance for at-risk youths) and United Cerebral Palsy.
John's character is defined by his work for the community. Unfortunately for the No on 2 folks, so is theirs. Consider that the No on 2 campaign features:
- a guy who claimed marijuana leads to homosexuality and ultimately AIDS.
- a former Tobacco industry lobbyist
- a consultant for the pharmaceutical industry
- a former cigar lobbyist
Medical marijuana - legal in 23 other states and DC - needs to be in Florida, because the struggling patients that can benefit from it are in Florida. They're going after John because they know that there's no reasonable excuse for denying these patients access to this medicine.
United for Care